Follow The Good Lolita on Facebook!

June 13, 2011

Oh Taylor My Heart!

So this morning, I got up from my bed with a sleepy head and a heavy heart. I ate my usual breakfast and convinced myself to get ready for work. I was feeling a little down on my way to work when I got my ipod out and tuned myself to Taylor Swift’s Speak Now album and suddenly found myself in a better mood after a couple of songs. Then it made me realize that her songs never fail to uplift my murky mood. : ) Taylor Swift herself writes her own music. Her songs are mostly about growing up as an average girl in this world full of hopes, dreams, and happily ever afters. But with this album, if I get one word to describe it I would say: Bittersweet. She shared a couple of sad moments in her life such as disappointments, getting her heart broken and getting revenge on boyfriednatchers.  Rumors said that some songs from this album like Back to December was written about Taylor Lautner, Dear John on how John Mayer crushed her heart then sent her home crying, and Better than Revenge was about Camilla Belle stealing Joe Jonas. I dunno if it’s true though.

Here’s the album that I’m talking about with the track list.

1. Mine
2. Sparks Fly
3. Back to December
4. Speak Now
5. Dear John
6. Mean
7. The Story of Us
8. Never Grow Up
9. Enchanted
10. Better Than Revenge
11. Innocent
12. Haunted
13. Last kiss
14. Long Live

I love the whole album coz I can totally relate to her songs, but here are a few favorites that I can’t stop listening to. : ) Click the youtube video link to listen.

Fave 1.  Enchanted - it’s like putting love at first sight into words <3

Fave 2. Sparks Fly – feeling all the rush and sparks whenever you see the person you love.

Fave 3. Story of Us – it’s about a couple who was once very in love but grew apart because of misunderstandings and the girl not knowing how to act around him at the same time wants to tell him how she feels.


Fave 4. Never Grow Up – is about how a mother feels about her baby growing up so fast.


Fave 5. Better than Revenge – about how some girl stole her boyfriend.


Her lyrics are amazing, they come from the heart and I can feel her deepest sentiment. I admire Taylor for telling us that it’s okay to live in this world full of hopes, chase our dreams and love with all our hearts no matter what happens. And because of that………………….

 Taylor Swift will be our first Girly Star! :)

She writes awesome songs, rocks on stage, belts out the right tunes, she loves girly dresses, anything sparkly, ribbon headbands and anything cute and mismatched! J She is totally girly!  

Check out her fashion style! <3










I adore Taylor Swift and her Girly-ness! That’s it for now,  Feel free to suggest whoever you think fits to be one of our Girly Star and tell me why. <3

Love Taylor? Hate Taylor?
Lemme know what you think of her at the comment box below. Thanks Girlies! <3

4 comments:

  1. i love taylor too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi lolita! i love talor swift too!!! and her style of fashion too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello!! you know what I also adore her so much!!! I am looking forward to see new posts... keep it up girl!!! =)) tnx for making my day complete <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi girlies! :) thank you for reading the post! :) seeing your response warms my girly heart <3! :)

    and yes, i totally adore her! Taylor Swift is totally GIRLY when it comes to her fashion and stuffs!

    Feel free to suggest topics or ideas for future posts. :)

    much love,
    lolita <3

    ReplyDelete

I wanna know what you think.
Leave me a comment. thanks! :)