Follow The Good Lolita on Facebook!

June 23, 2011

A Good Read

So today is one of those gloomy days. Not me. I don’t feel gloomy at all. But the weather is. The wind is too strong, strong enough to see a man’s ribcage through his polo shirt when the wind blew on his direction. Hahaha That was a funny visual, I saw it when my friend was dropping me home. And yeah the weather’s cold. So today was just a normal work day. Maybe it was better; I got to hang out with my friend while working. : ) hihihi and got a chance for some girl/life talk in between. I mentioned earlier that I was looking for another book to read and I stumbled across Rachel Gibson’s In No Mood For Love and decided to read a chick lit novel. ^_^ I've read like 89% of the book and so far its good. It’s light and it’s girly. Haha : )

I’d like to share the site I love visiting whenever I search for new books to read. It’s www.goodreads.com . It’s very easy to navigate. Just create an account and fill out some online forms for your profile and you can start! You may also upload a photo of you if you like. With this site it’s also like a social networking site except everyone here are book lovers. You can see on their profile what book their currently reading and the status like how many pages have been read by the person. If you’re searching for books, you can also surf the titles, author or isbn of the book and be able to see the ratings and reviews. (This is very helpful in choosing what book to read next especially if you’re a bit picky.) Aside from that I like it that I can put arrange them by shelves like “books that I’ve read”, “books to read”, “currently reading” and so forth.

This site not only helps you surf for books but also helps you organize the books you like. Authors also have an account here where you can see their interviews and published books. I cannot go on the internet without visiting this website. Hihi : ) I enjoy joining discussion topics and see other people’s opinion on the books that I’ve read. Hehe well that’s all. Haha

Are you currently in goodreads? : )

Add me up in goodreads if you have an account! Toodles! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wanna know what you think.
Leave me a comment. thanks! :)