Follow The Good Lolita on Facebook!

June 19, 2011

In Brightest Day and Blackest Night

I was not really a big fan of comic books when I was young but I do love watching them on the big screen especially in 3D now. hihi One of today’s trends are blockbuster movies with awesome CG in 3D! and that makes me uber happy! Haha So this week I went to the theaters to catch The Green Lantern in 3D. Well I’ve been wanting to watch it since Ryan Reynolds was in it. Hihi Talk about eye candy! XD



The Green Lantern is created by John Broome and Gil Kane. Ryan Reynolds stars as Hal Jordan. He is a test pilot who in the movie is impulsive, adrenaline junkie and irresponsible. He is not afraid in putting himself at risks but is scared in dealing with his own emotions.

The Guardian of the Universe created a system where each planet has its own chosen Green Lantern Guardian of their sector. Using the green essence power that comes from will power, in other words the will to protect, fight for justice and fearlessness is the main source of their energy power. ( I feel like a girly nerd here trying to speak their lingo Hihi I’m enjoying this ^_^)

The Story:
 Millions of years ago, a villain known as Parallax was imprisoned in the Lost Sector by Abin Sur the strongest of all the Green Lanterns. Then came the day when Parallax was able to feed on 3 Green Lanterns who got lost in the area and was able to escape! Yes he feeds on fear! Then he attacked other planets and grew stronger each time. (Oh no!) and he went after Abin Sur, injured the purple alien and came crashing in the nearest planet, Earth. (our earth! Hehe) He was dying and needed to find a replacement that would have the exceptional will power to be one of them. The ring went around to earth and chose our pretty boy Hal Jordan. <3 



Yeah he is pretty, not to mention his hot abs! whew! Haha So he went to the Green Lantern world and got his pretty hot body a customize rubbery suit sort of like his costume. His power is pretty much anything what his mind wants to create in the moment of battle. How cool is that! I wanna have powers like that too, and I wanna have it in pink! Pink ring, Pink lantern, Pink outfit, Pink mask and Pink essence. Haha talk about girl power. Hihihi ^_^



Unfortunately, when Hal Jordan started his training he was having problems in dealing with his own emotions that he couldn’t face his own fear. The other Green Lantern aliens also didn’t really have any faith in him since he was the first human specie ever to be appointed. To stop all the arguing, he quit being a Green Lantern and went back to earth. Meanwhile the government found the body of the purple alien and brought him to their secret lab to make a study. They contacted the weird creepy professor Hector Hammond. (Believe me he is creepy and looks he hasn’t washed his hair for days, if you don’t believe me take a look at the photo!) Then he began to study the purple alien and got inflicted with yellow dna from parallax. Then he transformed into a monster looking guy with a HUGE forehead with bits of hair left on his head. And yeah, despite his creepy looking face he got some awesome powers, he can read your mind and has telekinesis. From then on he follows the instructions he got from parallax the big octopus looking guy on their plan in destroying planet Earth. Hahaha then the fighting begins!



Now you better watch the movie as I don’t want to be a spoiler! I want you to experience the fun eye candy sighting as well! Hihi

The Main Cast:
Ryan Reynolds – Hal Jordan
Blake Lively – Carol Ferris
Peter Sarsgaard – Hector Hammond



Overall:
The visuals were stunning! I didn’t regret watching it in 3D while munching on my barbeque popcorn! Haha it was a fun movie for me. Aside from the eye candy actor and the CG it delivered, I love the message of the movie.

A lot of negative reviews came out but I watched the movie with an open mind and heart. I was inspired by the character of Hal Jordan. On how he admitted to himself that he was first afraid and fought that fear with the will to carry out his goal. It’s the same with each and every one of us. There will be times when we will be afraid to make a choice, to stand up for our self and face our own fear. But here is the answer now. We simply have to muster up courage for ourselves and have the will to face our fears. We are after all, humans. We make mistakes, we fall down, we cry and in the end we get up and continue fighting for all our future somethings. (Now I’m getting emotional, hihi) and that’s why for me, this movie is a good one. : )

The Green Lantern Oath:
In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power.... GREEN LANTERN'S LIGHT!

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Yeah I only gave it a 4.5, they didn’t show much of Ryan Reynolds abs! Kidding! Haha It’s because I wanted to movie to be a bit longer. That’s it. Hehe


Have you watched the movie?
What did you think of it?
Did you like Ryan Reynolds as The Green Lantern?

Come on Girlies! Let me hear your thoughts by posting your comment! : )

Much love,
Lolita

3 comments:

I wanna know what you think.
Leave me a comment. thanks! :)